Position: Room Leader
Salary Banding: £19,000 to £27000 per annum (dependent on qualification/s and experience)
Hours: Full time / Fixed Term Contract/ Mon-Fri / 40 hours
Location: Maidstone Boughton Lane Day Nursery, Maidstone
We are looking for passionate, level 3 qualified Room Leaders to be part of our Bright Horizons Maidstone Boughton Lane Day Nursery team on a fixed term contract.
As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent company benefits and great development opportunities.
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To deliver a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in our nursery alongside keeping everyone safe. As part of the senior team you will be responsible for leading, mentoring and coaching a team of early year's practitioners
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their individual needs.
* Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
* Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
* Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1's, Supervisions and appraisals.
* Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
* Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
* Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
* Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
* Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
* Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth.
* Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector.
* Previous experience of working as a key person.
* Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification.
* Current Paediatric First Aid Current Paediatric First Aid if qualified after 30/06/2016.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Because of the nature of this job, it will be necessary for the appropriate level of criminal record disclosure to be undertaken. Therefore, it is essential in making your application that you disclose any information requested in respect of applicable convictions and cautions (including, as applicable any reprimands or final warnings). This post may be exempt from the provisions of Section 4 (2) of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, in which case applicants are not entitled to withhold information about convictions which for other purposes are 'spent' under the provision of the Act unless the conviction or caution is "protected" as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Any such 'protected' conviction or caution is not subject to disclosure to employers, and cannot be taken into account. All guidance and criteria on the filtering of these cautions and convictions can be found in the DBS filtering collection.The fact that a pending charge, conviction, caution, reprimand or final warning has been recorded against you will not necessarily debar you from consideration for this role but any failure to disclose any such information will result in dismissal or disciplinary action