Finance Manager, hands on role with growing SME business, temporary to permanent, Wellingborough, £30,000
A well established and successful local business are looking for an immediately available Finance Manager to join them on a temporary to permanent basis in this newly created position. As this will be the lead role in finance, with responsibility for one other accounts assistant, you will have complete control of the accounting function up to extended trial balance, working closely with the company's appointed external accountants and the Directors of the business.
As Finance Manager, you will have responsibility for:
- Managing the day to day accounting operations across the business
- Recording all day to day financial transactions, completing the posting process and updating all relating spreadsheets
- Processing sales and suppliers' invoices including credits, receipts and payments
- Processing expenses / credit card transactions
- General Ledger, Month End and bank reconciliations
- Preparing and Posting Journals
- Production and submission of VAT returns and EU VAT reclaims, dealing with any HMRC queries
- Production of Monthly Management reports and Year End preparation for submission to accountants
- Process Manage and submit Monthly Payroll and Pension
- Lloyds voucher commercial Discount facility.
We are looking for an experienced all round accountant for this role with previous knowledge of Sage Line 50 and intermediate Excel skills. As you will be largely autonomous in this role, you will need to be a self-starter happy working under your own initiative and scheduling the work for the finance assistant and the accounts function generally. This is a growing business looking for their first in house accountant, so the expectation is that the role and the team will expand with the continuing success of the company and you will have the opportunity and responsibility of developing with the additional demands accordingly.