PLEASE NOTE: You MUST register and apply on our AQA Job Portal in order for your application to be considered for this roleAt AQA, we're committed to advancing education and we're committed to our people. As the largest provider of academic qualifications in the UK, we mark over seven million GCSEs and A-levels each year and it's our people who make this happen.Solution Architect
We are recruiting a Solution Architect
to join our IT Architecture Function to assist in the delivery of AQA's Technology Transformation Programme which is focussed on modernising our HR and Finance systems as we look to leverage cloud-based IT services. You will work within this programme in partnership with our internal and external teams to ensure that future solutions are fit for purpose and successfully delivered
in accordance to AQA's technology strategy. At AQA we pride ourselves on achieving amazing things by working together.About you:
Highly skilled and knowledgeable across architectural areas compromising Application, Information, Technology and Solution domains, specifically in the Microsoft Technology domain.
Key experience / expertise sought:
- Proven experience around technology domains of Workday, MHR iTrent and Microsoft Dynamics 365 platforms.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of implementing technical change in existing IT landscapes, specifically with a wide breadth of architectural experience in modernising current IT landscapes, specifically the digitisation of business activities.
- Pragmatic and flexible approach, engaging constructively with others to achieve the best outcome for AQA, even in pressure situations.
- Excellent communicator, able to engage internal colleagues, external partners and business stakeholders at all levels, ensuring clarity of requirements, the positioning of proposed solutions and securing the buy-in to the proposed solutions.
- Proven IT professional with demonstrable history at operating in a variety of roles throughout the systems delivery \ support lifecycle.
- Self-sufficient and dynamic individual who is able to hit the ground running, looking to achieve rapid results.
- High personal standards, taking pride in our work, delivering high quality outputs and contributing to high performance across the team.
- Team player with an optimistic and determined attitude
- Experience operating in a mixed mode environment of internal / external IT delivery capabilities.
- Excellent vendor management skills, experience of operating in conjunction with large IT vendors.
- Governance / assurance of architectural designs, ensuring compliance to enterprise principles and technology strategy drivers.
- Experience of producing product roadmaps, identifying and managing cross project / portfolio architectural dependencies.
- Governance of functional / non-functional requirements and delivery scope throughout the project life-cycle.
- Business Process Analysis - ability to determine business processes and identify necessary requirements and considerations.
- Enterprise Applications frameworks - focus on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Strong Microsoft Technology background.
- Experience of designing and delivering solutions in Microsoft Azure (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS).
- Utilising Microsoft BizTalk / Service Bus Integration.
At AQA we recognise our employees' contribution and in return we are proud to offer an extensive reward and benefit package. This includes:
How to apply
- 25 days' annual leave rising to 30 days, plus all Bank Holidays and additional Christmas leave
- 35 hour working week
- excellent contributory pension (6% - 11.5% dependent on employee contribution)
- life assurance
- an enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- access to an Employee Assistance Programme offering support with counselling, legal advice and money matters
- access to Learning space, a modern Learning Management System, providing an environment for agile, self-directed learning from high quality e-learning content
- cycle to work scheme
- interest free travel loans.
Please upload your CV and covering letter via our AQA job portal.
- Closing date for applications is midnight on Monday 1 February.
Applications will be reviewed as we receive them and if a suitable candidate is identified, we reserve the right to close our advert sooner.
AQA is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes people unique. AQA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment. Our Safeguarding Policy is available on our website.
Department currently working remotely, successful candidate is likely to be onboarded remotely but with view to being office based long term. Recruitment Agencies
We have a preferred supplier list (PSL) in place.
Unsolicited CVs will be treated as a gift. We will not be subject to or liable under your terms and conditions for agency fees.