Domus have an incredibly exciting opportunity for an Operations Director to join one of the leading providers of specialist adult care in the UK.
Reporting into a Managing Director, you will be accountable for the financial and operational performance of a sub-region of the division covering 17 sites which consist of specialist services for adults with learning disabilities and 2 homes for elderly.
This includes responsibility for leading a management team, the management of quality and care standards, cost control, commissioning, employee engagement and retention initiatives, engaging with a spectrum of stakeholders and ensuring regulatory requirements are satisfied.
This is a remote role with regular travel required - must have a car and a driving licence.Operations Director Key Responsibilities:
Operations Director Key Skills and Requirements:
- Lead and develop a culture in their region that values the very highest standards of safety, quality and excellent service user care are consistently delivered.
- Lead and manage the Operational Management Team across all aspects of day-to-day business deliverables including monitoring performance in relation to quality and key performance indicators (QPI's and KPI's) to agreed targets for care standards, business planning, financial performance and quality.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures, and accountable for ensuring findings from internal site quality inspections are reviewed and actioned as appropriate, linking with Senior Quality Improvement Lead (QIL) and/or QIL as necessary.
- Develop and maintain external stakeholder relationships (including Local Authorities and Care Commissioning Groups)
- Establish and direct a regional recruitment and retention strategy designed to meet appropriate staffing needs, reducing turnover and avoiding unnecessary agency usage
- Significant previous experience of managing large scale, multi-site and/or geographically spread teams with proven leadership of delivering major organisational change programmes
- Strong organisational skills, ability to prioritise and multi-task, work well under pressure, handling multiple issues simultaneously in a dynamic and often ambiguous environment
- Significant operational and financial planning ability with experience of commercial accountability for cost control, financial performance, business growth and development
- Experience of working within a matrix organisation, influencing and directing multiple functions within a business in order to deliver a first-class service is essential
- While previous health/social care management experience is not essential, a clear understanding of the factors influencing and impacting social care provision and a demonstrable passion for delivering high quality, person centred services is absolutely vital
- A full, clean driving licence and access to a vehicle is essential, for which a car allowance will be paid. Please note that the role will involve travel and overnight stays as required.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself - Recommend a friend!!
- A competitive salary
- Up to 27 days annual leave plus Bank holidays
- Pension scheme
- SMART Pensions option
- Cycle scheme - Get a tax-free bike and equipment and pay monthly from your salary, generating a cost saving of up to 42%.
- Computing scheme - Buy the latest technology at no more than the RRP using salary exchange whilst spreading the cost over 12 months.
- Shopping discount site where you'll find great offers for online and in-store shopping
- Within the Healthcare division, enhanced Maternity pay in line with NHS
- GymFlex - Spread the cost of an annual gym membership over 12 months. You can use your GymFlex at health clubs, leisure centres, boot camps and yoga studios across the UK.
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme - £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.If you are interested in the above Operation's Director vacancy, please apply or for more information contact Nichole at Domus Recruitment.