Our client is a thriving and highly respected consultancy company based in Banbury, who support developers on a wide variety of projects. Due to team expansion, they are now looking to acquire the services of a creative and personable Graphics Technician. This is a wonderful opportunity to further your career with an industry leader and to establish yourself within a successful and longstanding team. The ideal candidate will be confident in the use of AutoCAD however, full training will be provided regarding the company's industry and the various software that will be used in the role.Main responsibilities:
The role of the Graphics Technician is to support the team by providing drawings and graphics as required for client projects. The majority of the workload involves preparation of standard plans and graphics that accompany most reports, including:
Key Skills & Experience:
- Site Location Plans - based on scanned Ordnance Survey maps of the area.
- Designations Plans - also based on OS mapping and using information from online sources and data received from local records centres.
- Habitats and Features Plans - a detailed plan showing the different habitats and ecological features on a site based on survey information.
- Compile detailed measurements of existing and proposed sites.
- Photograph sheets - collating photographs from site surveys.
- Other examples of the graphics workload include:
- Creating a number of plans to accompany a Bat Licence, including plans illustrating the locations of surveyors, bat roosts and other survey findings.
- Breeding bird survey plans - detailed plans to depict the number of bird species found at a site and their categories of conservation importance.
- Enhancements plans - to highlight the benefits of the proposed site.
- Presentation boards - designed for specific sites that require public exhibitions.
- Previous AutoCAD (or similar) experience is essential. All drawings are completed in 2D.
- Experience / knowledge of QGIS, Corel Draw and Adobe Acrobat is advantageous, although not essential.
- Personable with a strong ability to communicate effectively with colleagues.
- Knowledge of Wordpress, web hosting and domain management is advantageous, although not essential, as are photo editing and manipulation skills.
- Ability to follow instructions/briefs with a high level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure without compromising on quality.
- Creative flair and ability to present information in a visually attractive way.
- A strong team player with an upbeat personality.
The working hours are Monday - Friday, 09:00-17:00. Portfolio will be required for presentation upon application.
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please submit an up-to-date CV including details about your availability/notice period. You can also call Hannah Foster on should you have any questions ahead of applying.