- Contracts Solicitor - Technology / Software Business
- Training and on-going Development - Career Development opportunity
- Prescot Merseyside Location
- Working from home option with periodic site visits
Our client a leading SaaS (Software as a Service) provider and one of the fastest growing software companies in Europe are currently looking to hire a Contracts Solicitor
to oversee the enterprise contract negotiation process
and protect the intellectual property rights of the organisation.
To be successful in this role you will have experience working for large international Information Technology company with an outstanding reputation in the field of IP, data and IT.
You will advise internal management teams on a wide range of legal issues across the full business relationship. You will be an expert on the legal complexities in areas such as Sales, M&A, trademarks, and regulatory advice, and will represent the company on client matters giving advice on transactions and other technology related matters.Responsibilities:
- Assessing documentation (both UK & US documents) and, where appropriate, instruct experts / Legal Counsel.
- Primary focus of the job will be supporting the new business sales team on contractual matters in the closing stages of the sales cycle.
- Assist with improving the case progression and completing legal research for all contract negotiations.
- Liaising directly with internal management teams, and handling basic portfolio-related client queries
- Deal with enquiries and complaints which are of a complicated nature and answer any legal questions which may arise.
- Timely and accurate entering/removing/amending of data in WebTMS system, including suitable file notes
- Expertise and experience in contract negotiation and limiting of liabilities.
- An understanding of Commercial SaaS (Software as a Service) and experience working in a software company
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Prepare and analyse spreadsheets and reports.
- An ability to work using own initiative within boundaries
- Experience in US documentation review would also be advantageous
- An ability to work effectively with people across a wide range of levels and responsibilities