Business Systems Developer - VB.Net or C# - Near Littlehampton, West Sussex - £40,000 to £45,000 - Ref: J2573
We have an opportunity for a Business Systems Developer to join a well-established international brand in West Sussex. The Business Systems Developer, will work alongside the Head of IT in the Analysis, Documentation, Development, enhancement, maintenance and support of all internal business systems.
This includes working with the various business users (Sales, Marketing, Finance, operations, warehouse and Head office Admin) to understand what they are trying to achieve. Before proposing, developing and implementing the solutions to help drive efficiency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Documenting and understanding business issues and change requests across all internal business departments.
- Investigate and propose solutions.
- Developing bespoke solutions mainly using SQL and VB.net / C# for both WinForms and Web applications.
- Managing the solution through to delivery including the build, configuration, data load and testing.
- Offering guidance and training to the affected business teams for any new enhancements / Changes.
- Support all new and existing systems within the business alongside 3rd party vendors.
- While IT support is managed by a third party, there is a requirement to be the hands and eyes on site for typical Desktop issues when time allows.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required:
- Must have strong MS SQL skills for developing reports and enhancements to existing systems.
- Must have previous experience developing solutions using .Net technologies (VB.net is preferred but candidates from a C# Background will be considered.
- You must have the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues to help define their requirements and guide them through the delivery of solutions.
Nice to Have "non-essential" Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Any experience of developing solutions that interact with APIs and micro-services is highly desirable.
- You will ideally have prior experience of wearing many hats such as Business Analyst, Project Manager, Developer, Trainer and Support with the attitude of no job is too big or small
- You will ideally have a broad understanding of how different departments like operations, finance, sales, marketing and warehouse work / interface with each other.
- You should be comfortable working on multiple projects, change requests and support issues simultaneously.
- Any knowledge of Ecommerce systems such as Magento and / or multi, omni or direct selling sales environments would be a bonus
- General understanding of Microsoft Office and Desktop technologies is preferred.
For more information please contact Michael Johnson of Venables Parsons Search & Selection (VPss).