We are looking for someone to join our superb team as a Deputy Court Custody Manager. Based from our court locations in Loughborough, you will receive competitive salary and the chance to join our great team. This position is a Part time role, working 3 days per week 21hrs (Monday, Wednesday & Friday)
GEOAmey provide safe and secure transportation and custody services for prisoners and young people across the UK, providing a vital public service. Having recently been awarded a further 10 year contract; we are seeking people to join our successful organisation where no two days are the same!
We are a professional organisation who take pride in providing the very highest level of care to ensure the physical and mental wellbeing and welfare of those in our custody. You will be truly making a difference every day, be part of a great team and will receive ongoing training and development. We take pride in our diversity and equality as demonstrated by our partnerships with charities MIND, Barnardo's and Stonewall who influence and help improve our approach and policies.
As a Deputy Court Custody Manager, you will assist the Court Custody Manager in managing and engaging a team to provide a safe and secure environment within the custodial areas of the court for prisoners to ensure their welfare in compliance with all contractual requirements and ensure all GEOAmey Policy and procedures are implemented to achieve business objectives and deputise in their absence.
In order to achieve this, as our Deputy Court Custody Manager you will need to:
- Understand the role of the CCM and be able to deliver that role alongside them and in their absence.
- Manage absence in accordance with the absence management policy.
- Provide cover for courts within the cluster as directed by ABM/CCM.
- Ensure the Custodial Areas are safe, secure and in adherence with GEOAmey policies.
- Lead, manage and coach team members within the Court.
- Securely escort people in custody whilst in court including to the dock, on legal visits and during comfort breaks.
- Daily allocation of staff to meet the operational task, and ensuring full optimisation of resources.
- Ensure that GEOtrack is correctly completed using the technology provided.
- Daily briefings are completed before commencement of each shift.
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures are managed, updated and communicated where necessary.
- Respond to incidents and emergencies within their area including potential use of physical force to control and restrain.
- Liaise with all external stakeholders as required.
In order to be successful in your application as a Deputy Court Custody Manager we require the following competencies, skills and experience:
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight time deadlines
- A flexible team player who can step up to leading the team in the absence of the CCM
- Strong persuading and influencing skills and a positive and practical attitude
- Relevant IT skills
- Ability to think ahead, plan work and meet deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong customer service focus
- Proven multi-tasking experience in a fast paced environment
All roles within GEOAmey are subject to a risk assessment being completed to confirm the vetting status required for the applicant / job holder to undertake the duties of the role. This role has been risk assessed as requiring Ministry of Justice Enhance Level Clearance and Enhanced CRB.
Apply now to secure your future and become our Deputy Court Custody Manager