Finance Assistant Stevenage, Herts 6-month contract with the potential for extension Early January 2021 start Circa £25,000 per annum (pro rata)
A superb opportunity to join this successful and growing international business based in Stevenage has arisen. Ideally to start in early January for the initial duration of 6 months, you will be available at little or no notice and be keen to join a dynamic and friendly organisation where a flexible attitude and forward-thinking mindset is crucial.
The role is ideally a full time (5 days) role but candidates looking for 3 or 4 days per week will also be considered.
The key elements of the role will be to ensure that all transactions are accounted for, checked and executed in a complete, timely and accurate manner, within the rules and regulations for local accounting standards and company policies.
You will also be a part of a team that will provide up-to-date and reliable management information regarding the financial position of the company.
- Execute accounting activities, including file processing and booking reconciliation
- Contributing to the month-end closing.
- General and Subsidiary Ledger
- Import and control transactions in the general and subsidiary ledgers, handling all aspects of the administrative process.
- Accounts Receivable
- Coordinate and execute payments/bank statements of investments and other payments to assigned portfolio of customers and/or partners, liaising with Operations and other relevant stakeholders.
- Accounts Payable
- Receive, register and process invoices and (allocation of) payments for assigned portfolio of vendors and/or partners, liaising with Operations and other relevant stakeholders.
- File, archive and check all sorts of financial documents and ensure proper filing and retrieval of information, in line with financial guidelines and legal requirements concerning storage time.
- Issue logs, backlogs and daily statistics reports. Support on tax filings and other necessary reporting
- Continuous improvement
- Contributes to improve internal procedures and processes; assists in solving daily problems, suggest improvements to optimise process, handling and result
- Personal development - maintain and expand knowledge and practical skills.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications we may receive for this advertisement, it is with regret that we may only be able to contact those applicants successful in being shortlisted. However, your application for this or any further roles, may mean that we are able to contact you when additional vacancies become available. Should you not want this to be the case, please feel free to contact us directly to ensure we are aware of your wishes.
StormX Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business.