Our client, a leading Oxford Accountancy Practice, is seeking to recruit an Accounts Senior to join their growing Compliance division. There could also be the opportunity to work in London from time to time.
They have a strong focus on innovation and technology, which helps their clients make informed decisions on how to grow their business. Clients range from private clients to owner-managed businesses and large international subsidiaries. They also have specialist teams for international businesses and property based clients.
If you are part qualified or recently qualified and have at least 2-3 years' experience working in a UK accountancy practice, this could be a good move for you.Key Responsibilities:
What our client can offer you
- Building long lasting client relationships
- Supporting a number of Partners and Managers whilst also managing your own diverse portfolio of clients and being their primary point of contact
- Using a variety of accounting software packages including CCH, Sage and Xero
- Developing and applying your technical and commercial knowledge
- Ensuring assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets agreed with Directors
- Preparing and reviewing working papers, statutory accounts and management accounts for sole traders, limited companies and partnerships
- Preparing and reviewing corporation tax computations and returns
- Supervising, training and assisting more junior members of the team
- Assisting with billing
- Attendance at networking events and building your profile locally
- Managing own workload in a timely and efficient manner while all the time ensuring you exceed client expectations
- Exposure to a wide range of clients across many industry sectors
- Director level Mentor and a Line Manager who will work closely with you to support you through your development and provide day to day guidance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including pension, life assurance, retail discount scheme and flexible working
- 22 days holiday including bank holidays increasing with service plus the opportunity to buy/sell holiday to fit your lifestyle
- Attractive central Oxford office
- A comprehensive induction to help you get up to speed
- If required, full funding and support to complete the ACCA/ACA qualification, including study leave & time off for exams
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.