Leading Hedge Fund is currently hiring for a Credit Valuation Controller to join their London team. This role has been created through an internal move with the current incumbent moving into a front office position and is an ideal opportunity for a middle office credit specialist who is seeking a technical and managerial position.
- Take the lead role for technical securities pricing for the distressed and high yield products across the business
- Ensure the quality and effectiveness of the pricing governance and controls are maintained through identification and mitigation of risks and the communication and documentation of any enhancement to the framework
- Key point of contact to support new business, transitions and migration projects
- Represent the team on wider projects such as trading system enhancements and regulatory change integration
- Managing and coordinating new funds, closures and significant in- or out-flows of cash
- Review and analyse fund profit and loss accounts on a daily basis and report performance the Asset Manager
- Oversight of Net Asset Value (NAV) of the funds on a daily, weekly and monthly basis and check accrued income and expenses. Provide intra-NAV estimates to the business as required
- Prepare analysis and report to management, asst managers and other stakeholders on historic performance/trading, cost/fees and other information both and a regular and ad-hoc basis
- Attend meetings with administrators and pricing committees
- Review existing systems/processes/procedures and MIS to identify areas of possible improvements
- Proven experience in a valuation control/product control role either from a top tier bank or asset manager.
- Technical knowledge of Credit products - Distressed / High Yield - essential
- A strong and demonstrable understanding of front to back system architecture along the trade lifecycle
- Strong academic background ideally educated to MSc/CFA level
- Proven management skills (people and projects) - preferred
This role will involve regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business and it is therefore essential that you hold excellent interpersonal skills. The role will evolve into a managerial role supervising 3 FTE once you are settled into the role within the first 12 months.