Service Supervisor (Lifts & Escalators)
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
Great brands have a great story. Ours is legendary.
In 1854, Elisha Otis travelled to the New York World's Fair to promote his new invention. Standing high above the crowd on a platform elevator, he ordered the retaining rope cut. The crowd cried out. His safety brake held. And in that moment, one man changed the world's perspective on what's possible, sending it rising up.
Would you like to join a truly international, talent driven company with values that focus on Performance, Quality, Innovation and Employee Opportunity?
What are we looking for?
Otis is currently recruiting for a Service Supervisor to join their service team. The main goal of this role is to manage the London Underground Step Free Contract, ensuring quality, on-time delivery of all aspects of service delivery including callbacks, maintenance, Insurance items. The Service Supervisor is 50% productive and is therefore also required to carry out maintenance and repair works including call-backs.
As a Service Supervisor, you will:
* Be fully conversant and compliant with all Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
* Ensure own Engineers work within the laid down company safety procedures, to achieve company targets for Lost Time Incident rate and severity rate.
* Carry out Fatality Prevention Audits (FPA) and Safety Inspections
* Assist the Branch with regular minuted safety meetings and SATs with all Engineers.
* Work with Branch Manager to ensure 100% of units on portfolio are Risk Assessed.
To be successful in this role you will:
* NVQ3 qualified in lifts and escalators
* Lift industry experience essential
* Technical ability to fault-find essential
* Previous experience of on-call work preferred
* Experience in people management
What can we offer you?
* On top of a basic salary commensurate with your experience, Company Car/Allowance and other corporate benefits.
* Otis also offers the opportunity for lifelong learning and progression through our Employee Scholarship Scheme and various other training initiatives.
* There are opportunities for development and promotion within the Service Division for a high calibre supervisor
More about us:
Otis Elevator Company is the world's largest manufacturer and maintainer of people-moving products, including elevators, escalators and moving walkways. Otis employs more than 60,000 people, offers products and services in more than 200 countries and territories and maintains more than 1.35 million lifts and escalators worldwide.
We are a company with a big commitment to the continuing development of everyone who works for us, strongly supporting career progression and facilitating a culture which encourages innovative ideas and appreciate that our talent is the key to our success.
We are interested in hearing from Services Supervisors, Team Leaders, Senior Engineers, Principal Engineers who can demonstrate evidence of managing, coaching and motivating teams and who live within a commutable distance of London.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion helps ensure the ideas, perspectives and experiences of individual employees support a culture of learning and attract world-class talent. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and candidates will be equally assessed and selected based on objective criteria