Working alongside the dedicated Manager Research/IDD team and the specific asset class teams you will be responsible for developing research and monitoring methods to support effective investment in the managers the pension funds underwrites.
• Monitoring & new Investment due diligence. Working closely with the head of the team, support/lead the monitoring of existing investments and selection due diligence on new investments in line with fund policies. This will include close collaboration with the relevant asset class specialists
• Systems & processes. You will ensure monitoring and new investment due diligence processes are followed, including the recording of relevant documentation. Processes will continue to be enhanced over time and you will support these ongoing evolutions in processes, systems, and tools
• Analysis & reporting. Produce relevant quantitative analysis to supplement the qualitative due diligence process across existing and new investments. Deliveries may include detailed manager specific performance/risk analysis, peer group analytics etc. You will also need to support and produce additional reporting as required by other internal stakeholders
• Communication. Deliver clear, accurate and logical written reports as part of documenting the various elements of the due diligence process. You will need to support/lead structured interactions (including face to face) with third-party managers and other counterparties on a regular basis. You will be expected to synthesise information and escalate key points/issues as appropriate to the relevant internal teams and committees
• Team. You will need to build relationships and liaise effectively with a range of internal teams including responsible investment, operational due diligence, risk, legal and others to execute processes and ensure compliance with other internal policies. You may be required to supervise more junior members of the team over time