CCDC are world-leading experts in structural chemistry data, software and knowledge for materials and life science research and application. The scientists and software developers at the CCDC create and supply the database system storing the world's entire collection of the 3D structures of chemicals. This system is used by thousands of organisations in over 70 countries.
Where will you fit in?
The Finance Assistant is a member of our small but perfectly formed Finance team. This team consists of our management accountant, the head of finance and one other part time accounts assistant. The team is much like the rest of the business, professional, friendly and collaborative. They enjoy close working relationships across the company.
The sort of person that would thrive in this team will be focused with exceptional attention to detail.
We use Sage 200, but don't worry if you have no experience with Sage, we can train.
Due to our size, many of us are comfortable wearing multiple job hats, however your main responsibilities will be
- Maintain the accounting system, and keep it up to date and reconciled
- Process purchase orders and monitor accounts payable
- Process and prepare purchase invoices for payment
- Process expenses claims
- Reconcile credit card expenses
- Deal with queries in Finance queue
- Process sales order, generate and send out invoices
- Chase debtors
- File invoices, purchase orders and other relevant paperwork
- Maintain petty cash record
- Authorise online payments
- Monitor bank accounts online
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports as required
- Assist with year-end account and audit preparation as required.
We believe that this is an amazing opportunity with a UK charity, currently in a period of intense growth and expansion.
We don't discriminate, we are interested in your skills, your talent, your potential and nothing else.
Please click apply and our recruiter will contact you
Full job description available on our website.