Production Manager, Oxford, £50k - £55k plus bonus and exceptional benefits:
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Production Manager
to join a world leader in the design and development of scientific instrumentation. Their products are used worldwide and have been saving lives for decades. As one of their Production Manager's
, you will be responsible for one of their key areas, with Production Cell Leaders reporting into you who in turn have up to 60 Manufacturing Technicians within their teams, which work on a variety of shifts. The Role:
- As Production Manager, you will manage a highly flexible manufacturing team to world class standards to maximise efficiency and guarantee delivery to the customer is on time.
- Provide regular team communication to ensure the business strategy and associated goals and targets, both local and business level are understood.
- You will promote and champion a culture of continuous improvement throughout the team to identify and deliver year on year targets.
One of the highlights of this Production Manager
role is that you will work on projects that have an impact on healthcare worldwide and will have your own space to innovate and be creative, with people who are passionate and motivated.About you:
The successful Production Manager
will need the following experience and skills:
- Experience in a similar manufacturing environment, proven leadership skills, a highly efficient organiser and motivator.
- An excellent facilitator who communicates effectively with all levels within the organisation and external parties such as customers.
- Experience in managing manufacturing processes within a technical production environment.
- Positive attitude and display the ability to identify solutions to problems.
- Proven knowledge and use of Lean and Business Improvement Techniques.
- Self-motivated and capable of motivating your team members.
- Qualifications in Lean or 6 Sigma application is desirable.
- A business or Engineering qualification to HNC/HND level, degree is only desirable.
*** PLEASE NOTE: This Production Manager
role would suit a Production Manager who is at a mid-point of their career, if you're an established Manufacturing Manager or Operations Manager with 20 years plus experience, then this is not going to be right ***
If you're a Production Manager
looking for your next career move, you're passionate about Manufacturing excellence, you like to develop and improve teams, you have excellent communication skills, and can effectively manage a wide range of complex technical issues with an eye for detail and problem solving then we would love to hear from you here at MARS Recruitment.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).