Our client is a growing professional services business based in Central London that require a mature, professional Payroll & Credit Manager to join their team on a permanent basis. This role will involve working closely with the FD, and other key stakeholders internally and externally.
Due to the growth of the business they are looking for someone who has knowledge of process improvement, and also someone who can develop & mentor junior staff.
They are happy for the chosen candidate to have expertise in either Payroll or Credit, but experience in the recruitment sector is essential. The business is happy to start staff remotely, and offer flexible working patterns.Weekly & Daily Payroll
- Running weekly payroll for a high volume of contractors / temp staff
- Collating all weekly timesheets
- Processing a weekly & monthly payroll
- Responsibility for the client billing - raising and sending invoices
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Post monthly payroll journals into the finance system & reconcile all payroll related balance sheet accounts in a timely manner
- Being a point of call for escalation of queries
- Management of Sales Ledger and credit controllers
- Manage new and existing customers in line with insurance and internal policies.
- Debt collection and Reporting.
- Consolidated and adhoc invoice processing.
- Debtor overview meetings.
- Post and reconcile bank receipts to various systems.
- Act as a mentor to junior members of the finance team
- Reporting on performance and efficiency within the team
- Tracking and following special client instructions
- Managing / Building client relationships
- Improving / Streamlining processes
- Professional attitude
- Leadership qualities, and passionate about improving junior staff
- Strong client service focus (internal and external stakeholders)
- Previous experience working in a recruitment business, processing contractor payroll
- Experience in exploiting software packages to make processes more efficient and streamlined.
- Excellent Communications skills - both verbal and written.