My client is a Financial Advisory firm providing 1st class Financial Solutions and Financial Planning to both individuals and businesses in the South Yorkshire areas and are part of a larger firm dealing in other areas of Financial Services.
We are currently seeking an experienced Office Manager / Paraplanner to oversee a multi-functional team dealing with Valuations, Anti-money Laundering and other office duties as required by management or the Advice team. You will have a flexible approach to working with the key ability to guide and mentor other team members.Key responsibilities:
- Supervising the financial services administration team, monitoring its effectiveness and identifying improvements
- Maintaining, documenting and implementing new office processes as appropriate
- Creating and maintaining effective working relationships with clients, colleagues and management
- Creating, implementing and maintaining any templates broadly used across the department
- Working with the IFAs to identify new business opportunities within the existing client bank, accountancy practice clients and beyond to help maximise the potential of the department
- Liaising with the advisors throughout the advice process
- Providing portfolio and fund analysis reports to advisors prior to client meetings
- Dealing with platforms and product providers to obtain information about existing and potential investments
- Researching investments, fund options, pension transfers, retirement options, mortgages, life assurance and income protection (due diligence & buy lists)
- Suitability Report/Annual Review writing as well as putting together reports from other paraplanners with all enclosures and binding for presentation (if busy or needed).
- Preparation and completion of all forms and necessary paperwork to go with reports
- Assisting the compliance officer to ensure compliance standards are met throughout the financial services department
- Assisting the compliance officer in completing FCA returns; checking compiled information and figures on returns before they are handed to the FCA authorised person for processing.
- Attending bimonthly departmental meetings and managing administration team meetings as required, minuting the meetings.
- Prioritising workload effectively and allocating work to support staff to ensure efficient and smooth running of the business and the even distribution of work;
- Monitoring the work of staff and identifying training needs in order to minimise error rates and promote a "right first time", quality assured service;
- Setting clear performance objectives and competency standards for staff and objectively appraising their performance against these each quarter;
- Providing objective and constructive feedback to staff that enables them to develop, dealing promptly and fairly with poor performance;
- Attending courses when required and maintaining an adequate level of CPD to ensure compliance with FCA and professional body requirements and develop personal skills.
- Representing and promoting the firm in formal and informal situations, attending seminars and networking events as a representative of the firm.
You will have previous experience with a focus on customer service & compliance, within the Financial Services Industry. Ideally you will have working knowledge of the systems used within the business, or similar, Intelligent Office, O&M profiler, Capita/Synaptics, Iress exchange, F E Analytics and knowledge of platforms such as the Old Mutual Wealth platform, Standard Life Wrap and James Hay platforms. You should be able to demonstrate experience within Business planning, progress and development, have exceptional knowledge of the regulatory side of the business, coupled with strong IT skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office. You'll be educated to a minimum of GCSE with good grades in English & Maths, and you'll have a Diploma in Financial Planning, or be very close to achieving it.