We are looking for an experienced VAT advisor who is a strategic thinker and able to build and drive the VAT team in one of Yorkshire's fastest growing independent practices. Working closely with the rest of the team and the Partner group, there will be a focus on supporting existing clients, whilst at the same time generating new leads and opportunities for the team in the region.
Reporting to the Head of Tax the key responsibilities include:
- Overall responsibility for the VAT team financials, including WIP management, budget and target setting.
- Business development activities to unlock opportunities from networks and relationships both internally and externally.
- Ensure that the team are at the forefront of VAT developments and able to spot and develop opportunities to support clients and bring new ideas to market
- Technically strong and able to provide practical advice to clients across a range of sectors
- Establishing and maintaining a professional working relationship with clients and liaising with colleagues
- Provision of VAT assistance to Partners, Directors and Senior Managers in respect of advisory assignments
- Technical review and approval of advice provided by team members
- Review of some of the more complex VAT returns
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients in respect of more complex matters
- Training and development of staff in the VAT team including line management and appraisals
- Identification of referrals for corporate finance, financial planning and other services as required
IPS Finance has 40 years experience in the Yorkshire accountancy recruitment market. We have built our business on long term relationships with both individuals and clients in all sectors, bringing real benefits to all concerned. Please visit the IPS Finance website to view the latest accountancy / finance and practice opportunities.