An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Recoveries Manager to manage a portfolio of default and recoveries loan cases.
• Managing a portfolio of the Company's default and recovery loan cases.
• Review the Company's loan and security documents, credit papers and valuations to understand the background to each case.
• Devising strategy on each case and implement by pro-active management to optimise efficiency of outcome and maximise repayment.
• Present case strategy and progress updates to the Company's borrower review forum and risk board (as required).
• On default cases to implement the strategy through oral and written communications with the borrower, guarantors, the Company's advisors (and other involved parties).
• On recovery cases implement the strategy through oral and written communications with any appointed insolvency practitioner, solicitors, debt collectors (and other involved parties).
• Prepare and present strategy and progress updates and voting proposals to Lending Members on a regular basis.
• Monitor and respond to Lending Member enquiries, Questions &Answers, and provide input into complaints procedure.
• Provide progress reports on a regular basis to the Head of Legal and Recoveries.
• Preparation of data and management information on the Company's default and recovery cases.
• Assist to compile information on suspended cases, defaults and estimated losses.
• Support the Head of Legal and Recoveries to monitor and review departmental processes to ensure they are fit for purpose, suggesting and making improvements where required.
• Support the Chief Risk Officer on the delivery of the business strategy.
• Undertake and deliver ad hoc duties and projects required by the department and business as requested by management.
Skills and knowledge
• Experience in loan portfolio management, in particular defaults and recoveries.
• Knowledge of property lending and loan security.
• Good understanding of banking and financial services practice.
• Ability to assess company accounting information.
• Competency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and other business software.
• Business and commercial awareness.
• Confident and strong decision maker.
• Excellent communicator with the ability to liaise with all areas of the business.
• High quality management and organisational skills.
• Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
• Experience of working in a regulatory environment.