New College Swindon have an opportunity for an enthusiastic Curriculum Manager - Professional
to lead and grow our high-quality Professional provision working across both our North Star and Queens Drive campuses.
Salary: £41,127 - £47,019 pa
Hours: 37 hours
Contract Details: Permanent
Closing Date: 8th January 2021
Start Date: As soon as possible
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we have merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in 2022, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it's a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
About the Curriculum Manager - Professional role:
You will manage and develop curriculum delivery teams and learning resources and effectively oversee quality processes to ensure learners maximise their potential and make positive progress towards timely success.
You will liaise with curriculum staff within the learning area and across other curriculum areas, as well as support staff to facilitate the smooth organisation and effective utilisation of staffing and physical resources to optimise the student learning experience.
In this Curriculum Manager - Professional role, you will:
- Ensure recruitment, retention and achievement of learners are fully supported and facilitated.
- To manage the learning programmes as agreed with the Deputy Principal supporting the co-ordination of finances and learning resources allocated to the Curriculum Area.
- To ensure that all delivery teams are clear, focused and supported to be able to deliver high quality learning and teaching for each funding stream throughout the Curriculum Area.
- To use class and individual profiling to ensure Learning Support is effectively integrated into courses and contextualised where appropriate.
Curriculum Manager - Professional - Qualification and experience required:
- Educated to degree level and qualified teacher status.
- Minimum Level 2 qualification in English and mathematics.
- Level 2 ICT qualification or equivalent or MOS unit. If not held, job holder will be required to gain this within an agreed timeframe. If the qualification held is more than 10 years old, we will require you to undertake a relevant refresher qualification.
- Appropriate Management Qualification at Level 4 or be prepared to work towards.
What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds. ?
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of are listed below: ? ??
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme ?
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance ? ??
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme ? ??
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service ? ??
Therefore, if you are looking for exciting career opportunities and to work in an expanding, dynamic and successful College, who values their staff, you have come to the right place. ? ? ?
Curriculum Manager - Professional - How to apply:
Please note, we do not accept CV's and you will be required to complete an application form. Please check your emails after clicking 'apply', we will contact you with further instructions on how to submit your application form and the next steps in the application process.
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of anyone who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you! ?
An enhanced DBS will be required for this role.?
Our very top priority is your wellbeing and that of our community. Due to the current COVID-19 situation, further information will be provided on the measures that have been implemented at our campus if you are invited to an interview.