MUST HAVE SERVICE CHARGE ACCOUNTING EXPERIENCE
We're a national, award-winning Property Management Company that continuously challenges the norm of the industry we work in. Having experienced such rapid growth, we now have exciting new plans in place to help drive the business forward, implementing stronger processes and procedures along the way and launching new training and development concepts internally. One of these being a bespoke internal training academy designed specifically for us, aimed at providing our employees with the resources needed to develop and upskill.
We're now on the search for our next member of the team... An experienced Service Charge Accountant. Working within a small yet growing, professional accounts team, your role as one of our Service Charge Accountants will include filing statutory returns with Companies House, preparing and filing tax returns with HMRC, preparing client Service Charge accounts, preparing accounting data for external accountants and to analyse handover information.
Your role will also include query resolution and liaising with the Property Managers and Clients on any accounting issues. Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of Service charge accounts to ensure the accounts are issued within 3 months of the year end or in accordance with client expectations
- Preparation of Dormant and Full Statutory accounts
- Analytical review of Income, Expenditure and Cash flow
- Preparation and completion of CT and VAT returns to HMRC when applicable
- Preparing Extended Trial Balance from scratch in Excel
- Investigating and resolving audit queries
- Maintaining the service charge year-end control sheets
- Resolving any audit queries with the Property Managers
- Ensuring that all ledger balances are understood and supported
- Chasing and liaising with external auditors for any outstanding accounts and agreeing draft accounts with clients
- Issuing S20B letters where accounts have not been issued within 6 months from year-end
- Manually compiling financial information in Excel and sending to prestigious clients on a monthly and quarterly basis in accordance with client expectations
- Maintaining the manual production of Landlord/Freeholder statements and arranging the forwarding of funds to clients
- Attend client meetings with the property management team when required to review actual expenditure for the year to date against budget
- To accurately vouch all receipts and payments and re-analyse into relevant accounts/cost centres where applicable
- Assisting in the preparation of Service charge budgets
- Perform any ad hoc duties as requested
- Ensure standardisation, implement improvements and ensure best practice. Identify any areas within existing processes which could be improved and discuss these with the Line Manager as appropriate
- Work as part of a team and assist other team members in meeting departmental targets and deadlines.
The ideal Service Charge Accountant would be someone experienced and self-motivated with a "can-do" attitude. The ideal Service Charge Accountant will either hold or be studying towards ACCA/CIMA (full AAT will be considered). You must have excellent Excel and double entry skills along with experience within a similar role.
This position is paying a competitive salary of £30,000 - £35,000 depending on experience.
Contact: Zoe Southwell