The bulk annuity market continues to grow as Defined Benefit pension scheme trustees and employers' de-risk their balance sheets. Bulk annuity business is a key area of growth and value generation for Aviva, with business volumes tripling over recent years. In 2020 Annuity volumes were c.£7bn across the BPA and IA businesses.
The successful candidate will join a dynamic and motivated team that will drive success for the Annuity business.As Senior Structuring Manager you'll be responsible for:
Knowledge, skills & experience we are looking for:
- Lead the structuring of asset-intensive reinsurance transactions across existing and new reinsurance counterparties
- Build and maintain strong relationships with reinsurers for the development of new reinsurance framework agreements and structures
- Explore and develop structuring opportunities across reinsurance, investment assets, and equity release mortgages to support annuity new business, and capital mitigation initiative
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders to ensure appropriate outcomes across risk, finance and operations
What will you get for this role?
- Strong structuring (credit, asset) experience at either an insurer, bank or an asset manager
- Demonstrable track record of implementing projects across governance, stakeholder management, transaction documentation and execution
- Knowledge of the BPA market, annuity reinsurance, or defined benefit pensions would be an advantage but is not essential
- Strong mathematical/actuarial and excel skills
- Qualified actuary and/or CFA would be an advantage but not essential
- Positive attitude and behaviours, and an ability to challenge constructively, and influence outcomes where appropriate
Working at Aviva
- A competitive salary depending on location, skills, experience and qualifications
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme
- Annual performance related bonus and pay review
- Holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Up to 40% discount for some Aviva products through "My Aviva Extras" plus discounts for Friends and Family! (Some exclusions apply)
- Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
At Aviva, we're people with a purpose. To be with you today, for a better tomorrow.
We bring this to life by ensuring managing risk is at the heart of the way we all work. We love people who do the right thing for our customers, and our colleagues. We want people who speak up, who take ownership, and who make good decisions.
The way we do this is important too. We always 'Care More'. It's our thing! We're all about our people - that's you - so we can be pretty flexible. If you want to work from home some of the time or change your hours so you can pick up your kids or care for someone in your family, we're very open to that. In fact, we don't advertise roles as either part or full time, because we know each person has different needs, just as each business area has different needs. So, it's up to you to discuss working hours during your interview.
We care deeply about being inclusive and that means we encourage applications from people with diverse set of backgrounds and experiences. We want our employees to bring their whole self to work and that starts with you!