Our client is a fast-growth property rental sector business with ambitious plans to develop further within its chosen build to rent sector. With a mission to change the way people experience living, they build communities through lifestyle and hospitality offerings which give residents more than just a place to rest their heads and investors the opportunity to join in their successful future. With flagship high profile projects, a portfolio of high value property developments, they are confident in their vision of delivering significant asset growth in the medium term.
With the Exec & Non Exec teams now in place to deliver the required step change, the client now requires a first-class HEAD OF FINANCE to join the finance team at the 'start-up' stage and play a leading role in building the platform to support the planned growth by supporting the creation of the required governance and financial controls.
Ideally, you will have relevant experience in similar, asset-based organisations with similar requirements, i.e., complex and evolving funding structures and a need for excellent financial systems and processes. With a successful track record of achievement in your career to date, you will be able to demonstrate relevant experience of operating to high standards in financial reporting. You will be responsible for month end, budgets, forecasts & annual as well as longer term financial planning. You will work closely with the Exec & senior management team to deliver crucial high quality management information.Job Title: Head of FinanceReports to: CFO Reports in; Finance team x3Key Deliverables:
Location: NE England Package: Anticipated Salary Range £55,000 - £65,000 (depending upon experience), pension & benefitsCandidate profile:
- Create and set-up appropriate controls, systems & processes to meet new stakeholder requirements
- Produce monthly management information pack, inc. variance analysis for projects and group companies
- Working closely with the Investment Director in producing cash flow forecasts and project overviews for scrutiny by the Board, investors, joint venture partners and third-party funders
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external auditors, including filing of all statutory accounts
- Production of annual budgets, quarterly forecasts and strategic business plans and models
- Treasury Management, including operational cash flow forecasting, management of bank matters, including bank reconciliations, payment processes and receipting facilities where necessary
- Manage day-to-day relationship with external tax advisers, ensuring compliance with all tax matters, including obtaining robust tax advice as required
- Ensure robust systems and processes as well as all internal systems and controls are in place
- Professionally qualified accountant with relevant post-qualification experience in business partnering roles
- Analytical, high attention to detail with the ability to build successful relationships with both finance and non-finance people
- Excellent communication skills, able to challenge effectively and provide proposals for change, utilising well developed negotiation and influencing skills
- Can demonstrate excellent decision-making skills and success in managing, leading & motivating a team
- Up to date technical accountancy knowledge, inc. relevant taxation, risk & compliance related issues
- Experienced in using accounting software (Sage 50 used) to develop high quality management information & complex financial reports
All applications and enquiries should be directed to Barron Williams via the link provided. For an initial confidential exploratory discussion, please contact Barron Williams Director, Paul Barron on the number provided.