Our client is a fast-growth property rental sector business with ambitious plans to develop further within its chosen build to rent sector. With a mission to change the way people experience living, they build communities through lifestyle and hospitality offerings which give residents more than just a place to rest their heads and investors the opportunity to join in their successful future. With flagship high profile projects, a portfolio of high value property developments, they are confident in their vision of delivering significant asset growth in the medium term.
With the Exec & Non Exec teams now in place to deliver the required step change, the client now requires a first-class COMMERCIAL FINANCE DIRECTOR to join the senior management team and to operationalise the investment model. You will manage the clients' relationships with key financial stakeholders, taking the lead on business funding management via banks and other institutional investors. You will ensure that the business' capital structure is balanced and managed appropriately, reporting to the Board and appropriate Committees on a regular basis. You will manage incoming assets and build suitable systems, processes and controls to meet current and future lender requirements.
You will have relevant experience in similar, asset-based organisations with similar requirements, i.e., complex and evolving funding structures and a need for excellent financial systems and structures. With a successful track record of achievement in similar settings, you will be able to demonstrate relevant experience of operating to high standards of governance as well as meeting demanding internal and external audit requirements. You will be immediately credible at Board level, able to report effectively to key Committees and stakeholders, delivering business-critical and strategic financial management information. This is an opportunity to effectively join at the 'start-up' stage and play a leading role in building the platform to support the planned growth by creating the required governance and financial controls to meet investor requirements.Job Title: Commercial Finance DirectorReports to: CFO (& Board Committees)Key Deliverables:
Location: NE England Package: Anticipated Salary Range £70,000 - £80,000 (depending upon experience), pension & benefitsCandidate profile:
- Operationalise the investment model in accordance with the Business Plan and Board Committee needs
- Create, manage and develop financial reporting systems, processes and practices aligned with the business growth strategy and able to meet complex stakeholder requirements
- Effectively manage and integrate incoming assets, working closely with internal & external stakeholders
- Lead the ongoing relationships with key business funders, ensuring that appropriate financial structures are in place and that future potential funding requirements are anticipated and planned for effectively
- Deliver high quality financial reporting to the Board & Committees, to meet evolving key financial, risk & governance requirements
- Experienced investor management financial professional with relevant experience in managing investor stakeholders and internal Board / Committees
- Able to demonstrate a clear track record of setting up high quality financial systems and processes in similar, fast-growth environments
- Experience of the property rental sector or similar, relevant asset-based funding and funding models would be valuable
- A qualified accountant with relevant experience in creating and managing complex Board / Committee governance systems & processes as well as creating associated complex financial reports
- Can demonstrate the ability to work effectively as part of a small, high calibre Board & senior management team, instantly credible with both internal and external stakeholders alike.
All applications and enquiries should be directed to Barron Williams via the link provided. For an initial confidential exploratory discussion, please contact Barron Williams Director, Paul Barron on the number provided.