**** COVID-19 - Please note that during this time all interviews will be conducted remotely. If successful, you will also initially be working remotely in line with the guidance from the Scottish Government***Senior Educator: Scottish Multi-Professional Maternity Development ProgrammeWho We Are
NHS Education for Scotland (NES) is an education and training body and a special health board within NHS Scotland, with responsibility of developing and delivering education and training for the healthcare workforce in Scotland.
The core function of the NMAHP Directorate is to support the education, training and continuing professional development of nurses, midwives, allied health professionals, health and social care chaplains and their support workers. The Directorate is also responsible for providing education, training and workforce development across wider professional groups and disciplines, often in partnership with other agencies, to support key policy imperatives.
NMAHP Women, Children, Young People and Families (WCYPF) team is seeking to appoint a high performing and highly motivated Senior Educator to develop, coordinate and contribute across a range of programmes. The particular focus is to provide operational leadership of the Scottish Multiprofessional Maternity Development Programme (SMMDP). The WCYPF team deliver a suite of courses developed to support maternity and neonatal service professionals, including health care support workers and other associated professionals.
The successful candidate will ensure that high quality education and training is delivered in a multiprofessional environment, participating in the training of instructors / facilitators and contributing to project work within the WCYPF team. The successful candidate will be a leader and should have the relevant clinical knowledge to deliver the range of maternity and neonatal courses offered by the programme and should be experienced in clinical instruction.What you'll do
Key tasks will include but are not restricted to:
What you'll bring
- Work in partnership with key stakeholders (internal and external) to develop, deliver and support a portfolio of midwifery education and workforce development activities.
- Provide education and learning for the maternity and neonatal workforce, including health care support workers and others involved in emergency maternity care.
- Provide leadership within the SMMDP team to ensure courses are evidence-based and responsive to national priorities.
- Contribute to the review, development and continuous improvement of educational activities across the programme of work.
- Contribute to the NES organisational objectives and operational plan.
- Post holder must be an experienced Registered Midwife with current NMC registration
- Substantial post-registration experience and will have held enhanced responsibility in an education or healthcare post and experience of leading a team
- Experience of facilitation and working within a multidisciplinary environment and able to instruct on suite of maternity and neonatal courses
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate sensitive and complex information
- Effective leadership, management and team working skills
**NES Offices Edinburgh is the preferred base for the post but this may be negotiable. However it is important to note travel throughout Scotland will be required.
Informal enquiries may be directed to Helene Marshall
Unless otherwise stated the deadline for applications is 23:59 hours on the closing date.
CVs will not be accepted.???????Closing date: 2nd February 2021Interview date: 16th February 2021