Contract: 6 month FTC, Full time
Salary: £18,500 per annum
If you have experience within an administrative role and are looking for your next challenge, read on...
SSCL is looking to recruit an Administration Assistant to join the busy overpayments team. The team support a number of different government organisation on appeals, negotiation, complaints and queries relating to all payroll overpayments, managing clients and officer expectations in a fast paced environment.Key responsibilities:
- Investigating pay negotiations and appeals within set guidelines and processing outcomes
- Process work in line with agreed procedures, business rules or scripts - Processing work could include making calls, answering telephone, emails, queries, taking messages or processing transactions.
- Learn the procedures and understand parameters of producing a quality output.
- Process work to the defined level of quality.
- Resolve queries and escalate as necessary (i.e. a team leader/manager/other group) and log if appropriate. Types of queries are Escalations, Appeals, Complaints, Negotiations
- To schedule and prioritise allocated work on a daily basis.
- Identify and suggest areas of improvement.
- Maintain and update information held on a data base or manually.
- Support line management on any additional admin when required.
- Liaise with internal/external clients.
- Maintain records for audit purposes.
- Ensure deadlines are met.
- Good understanding of Microsoft office (word, excel and outlook)
- Ability to navigate around and understand use of relevant systems e.g. Oracle/SAP
- Able to work in a team or other structured environment
- Able to adapt Communication skills to all levels of the organisation
- Able to remain calm when under pressure
- Articulate and able to maintain good relationships with colleagues and clients
This role will require the successful candidate to pass a SC clearance The company
- Payroll Experience - Understanding basic function of Payroll
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse. As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector. The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York. Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.