SEMH Support TA
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who can offer Social Emotional and Mental Health support.
Helping children feel comfortable and confident with their ideas and presence is vital to their wellbeing and development.
You will be working with a team to include and hold interventions for children with their specific individual needs, so having any SEN experience is valuable!
If you are interested and passionate about helping with Inclusion Intervention Support in schools within the Thurrock area, please apply. This includes those who may have limited experience in providing additional help to children.
If you would like to progress and gain more experience in the SEN department, we can help!
You will be;
• assisting students with their social development as well as their educational development
• assisting teachers
• develop different types of relationships and learning for different types of students
• work together with the families and build relationships in order to enhance the child's support
• set personal targets for pupils
• 1 to 1 or paired into small groups using behavioural approach
• Prior experience with SEN or SEMH difficulties
• Ability to handle behaviour with challenges
• Above average communication, numeracy and literacy skills
• Eligible to work in the UK with a valid Visa
• At least 6 weeks classroom experience in the UK
• Relatable references and valid DBS on the Update Service
We necessitate that you have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, if not we have it included in our registration process whereby a DBS application is available at a cost of £40.