Public Sector Organisation based in St Helens require a Payroll Manager for a 12 month contract
The Payroll Operations Manager will work with the Head Of Payroll & Employment Services to manage the relationship of Employment Services with its current and potential clients. You will be able to identify needs and requirements to promote service solutions and achieve mutual satisfaction in relation to any issues.
Key duties include:
- Develop an excellent client (key decision makers) / service relationship; managing client and service expectations within the framework of a Service Level Agreement and agreed key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Acts as an advocate for the service; be the key point of contact with the client, other stakeholders and develop any opportunities for potential new clients.
- Discuss complex payroll queries with staff, clients; including reasons for delays in payment and other sensitive issues; discuss payroll issues with clients, which may be contentious, provide advice on complex payroll and corporate issues to managers; negotiates with clients over cost, service issues, as required
- Production and delivery of reports, presentations etc.
- Effectively manage and motivate 4 payroll team leaders
- Ensure service engagement strategy fully implemented both with the teams responsible for and with clients/stakeholders.
To be considered for this role you must have the following experience:
- 5 years payroll leadership experience in a high volume environment
- CIPP/CIPD part/ fully qualified or have experience
- 10 years + end to end payroll experience including manual and computerised calculations
- Proven track record in steering teams through process change and payroll projects
In return the client offers a 12 month-2 year contract, flexible working hours and the opportunity to drive an exciting new project