Part Qualified Management Accountant | Nottingham City Centre | Full Study Support
If you're working for a larger corporate business in a narrow role, it can be difficult to be given the chance to move in to a smaller business.
If you're mid-way through your CIMA studies and see your future career as a number one in finance in a small to medium sized business, this is a brilliant opportunity that make the move that will help you get there. Why is this the right role for you?
1. Firstly, your line manager will understand what it takes to make the move. The Financial Controller came from a large business. It is different in the SME world, but you will have a supportive line manager who knows what it takes to make the transition
2. You'll be joining a company who are on an exciting journey. They've gone from £7 million to £15 million in the last twelve months with plans to double again which will create opportunity for you.
3. Progression. The finance team is small at the moment given the size of business. That won't stop your progression though. The Financial Controller wants somebody who is ambitious and motivated to progress through CIMA and you'll continually take on more responsibility in line with your qualification
4. Variety. Your role will cover all elements of management & financial accounting, analysis, budgeting, forecasting and business partnering. ROLE OVERVIEW
- Support with financial modelling and analysis to assess product profitability
- Stock accounting and analysis
- Ownership for the month-end management accounts and board packs including all associated analysis and commentary
- Support the Financial Controller with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Partner with Marketing and Operational teams to help them understand the financial impact of their business decisions
- Actively studying CIMA (ideally mid-way through studies)
- Exposure to stock accounting would be beneficial
- Strong Excel skills