Senior Specialist Clinical Pharmacist (Cancer Services)Location
- Competitive + BenefitsContract Type
- Permanent, full time hours 37.5hrsHours
- 9am - 5pm with on - callJob Description
The post-holder will be an experienced Cancer Services pharmacist, who is motivated, proactive and can contribute to the development and growth of the pharmacy departments,, a private cancer unit specialising in haematological cancers and stem cell transplant.
The successful applicant will be a key member of the pharmacy team and will contribute to the efficient running of the dispensaries, and provide a comprehensive, safe and efficient clinical pharmacy service. Duties and Responsibilities Clinical:
- To provide a comprehensive clinical pharmacy service to inpatients and outpatients, including prescription monitoring, the provision of drug information, medicines reconciliation and patient counselling
- Participate in discharge planning & to maintain a supply of prescribed medications to inpatients
- To clinically verify all chemotherapy prescriptions, ensuring clinically appropriate and legally correct
- To assist lead pharmacist and clinical manager in updating and maintaining the electronic chemotherapy prescribing system
Skills and Experience
- To assist in running the inpatient and outpatient dispensaries
- To assist with dispensing medications where required
- To final check all dispensed items
- To ensure economical ordering of stock
- To receive and supply controlled drugs in line with legal and local guidelines
For non-medical prescribers:
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council (GPhC)
- Specialist knowledge in haematology pharmacy
- Specialist knowledge in oncology pharmacy
- Extensive hospital experience, with experience in cancer services
About the Individual
- Successfully completed an approved course for non-medical prescribers.
- Registered with the appropriate healthcare regulator as a non-medical prescriber.
We recognise and value everyone as unique and individual; treat people with kindness and compassion; act with absolute honesty, integrity, and fairness and trust and treat one another as valued members of the UK family. As someone looking to join our family, you will demonstrate these key values.
You will also actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of tasks, goals, and objectives; demonstrate leadership and influence others to be the best they can be and inspire our colleagues and patients; and deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.