Role - Audit Senior
Salary - £35,000 - £42,000 per annum
Location - Oxford, Oxfordshire
Do you have a minimum of 3 years' UK accountancy practice audit experience? Are you looking to further your career? Then please see below!
Atlas Employment are delighted to be working with our client based in Oxford, who require an Audit Senior to join their well-developed team in their newly refurbished offices. This is an exciting opportunity to play a role in a rapidly expanding independent firm.
What will you be doing as an Audit Senior?
· Leading a variety of interesting and complex audit assignments across multiple sectors, liaising with managers and partners when required
· Preparing audit files, undertake audit planning and lead/assist with fieldwork
· Assisting in work allocation and supervise more junior team members on audits, providing support, training and reviewing their work
· Ensuring audit assignments are completed to a high standard, in time and within budgets agreed with Directors
· Supervising and reviewing jobs completed by less senior members of staff
· Using accounting software to provide accurate reporting for Managers, Directors and clients
· Preparing statutory accounts and finalise accounts under the overall supervision of your Line Manager
· Preparing corporation tax computations
· Maintaining up to date and relevant technical knowledge of the industry and national economic issues
· Inputting into service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
· Building productive working relationships within Shaw Gibbs and with clients as required
· Developing and applying your technical knowledge through on the job training
You should apply for the role of Audit Senior if you have...
· ACCA/ACA Qualified
· 3 years' UK accountancy practice experience in audit (MUST)
· University degree with a 2.1 or higher or 3 good A-Level results (or equivalent)
· Xero, Sage, Caseware and CCH experience would be an advantage
· Fully fluent in English, verbal and written
· Exceptional attention to detail
· Strong IT skills, specifically Excel
· A positive, confident and proactive attitude
· Ability to prioritise and meet tight timeframes with high quality output
· Able to work within procedures on job aspects which will deal with facts, standards and quality
Easy transport routes from; Oxford, Witney, Burford, Chipping Norton, Bicester, Aylesbury Newbury, Wantage, Faringdon, Watlington, Headington, Abingdon, Didcot, Reading
Job Type - Permanent
Status - Full-Time
Ref.No - PN223
If you think you may be a suitable candidate for the Audit Senior role, please contact Phoebe Nugent at Atlas Employment, on or email
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.