Operations Technical Service Manager: Up to £40,666 per annum, circa 27% pension contributions, flexible working and brilliant work life balance
- Do you have a passion for Live Service Delivery?
- Do you have expertise in ITIL Major Incident Management?
- Can you deliver a 1st class customer service?
- Are you ready to be part of an epic digital transformation?
Then look no further, we'd love to hear from you! Click Apply
now to start an application.DWP. Digital with Purpose.DWP
is the UK's largest government department. We deliver products, service, support and payments to around 20 million people at key times in their lives.In DWP Digital,
our Technology Services
team provide the foundations upon which our digital services are developed and operate. We deliver secure, effective and cost-efficient, user-centric digital infrastructure services and to run live IT operations that support DWP business objectives
Our team is made up of 1,500 colleagues working collaboratively across 10 portfolio-led teams in a fast-moving environment. Our teams deliver an end-to-end suite of digital products and services that support DWP colleagues and our users in an ever-evolving technology landscape.As an Operations Technical Service Manager you will be responsible for protecting live service for DWP. That's incredibly important for an organisation like ours.
You'll maintain knowledge of the status of live service, and you might work across the 24/7 Command Centre and the Operational Areas, Service Managers and Service Desk at any given time. It would be helpful for you to have experience in Tech Now/Service Now
You will facilitate and manage Major Incident Management following a service failure, restoring live service as quickly and safely as possible with the smallest possible business impact. Our systems and services can't sleep, so there is a need for on call cover.You will:
What skills and experience are we looking for?
- Assess the impact of risks and issues affecting live service operation and any consequential effects on our estate.
- Review the performance of the production operation service, associated risks and issues with Technical and Business Service Owners
- Focus on customer business objectives, quality, service excellence, customer satisfaction and zero tolerance to production outages
- Facilitate and manage service related incidents to ensure services are quickly and safely restored with the smallest possible business impact.
- Manage and co-ordinate support teams in the investigation, resolution and review of major incidents and problems.
- Drive effective use of Service Management processes (e.g. Major Incident, Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management)
- Analyse metrics, approve plans, report on performance and make recommendations that support a focus on service stability and a high quality end user experience.
- Engage with key service management stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers to review and improve the performance of the production operational service, and associated risks and issues.
Details. Wages. Perks.
- Experience working with technical capabilities and multiple stakeholders as part of the Major Incident discipline, restoring service as quickly and safely as possible.
- You'll have Service Management Framework experience in the Service Operations function (Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Capacity, ITSCM and CSI).
- Knowledge and awareness of Problem Determination skills and how you have enacted these to protect the production environment to the benefit of the services.
- You communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organisation as well as with suppliers and customers.
- You'll have a working knowledge of the main IT infrastructure and maintenance functions required of large, complex and highly integrated systems. Including the principles of maintaining a large and complex IT estate and the associated risks.
- Experience of relationship management with customers, suppliers and staff at all levels and requires input throughout the IT change lifecycle.
- You'll have the ability to evaluate and analyse service performance, including managing actions plans to improve or understand deviances.
You'll join us in our brilliant digital hubs in your choice of Blackpool, Manchester, Newcastle.
Find out more about all our hubs here: https://careers.dwp.gov.uk/our-locations/
We also have all the tools and tech to work flexibly. Many of us are working from home right now due to Covid-19.We offer competitive salary up to £40,666, a brilliant civil service pension with employer contributions of over 27%, and a generous leave package.
We also have a broad benefits package built around your work-life balance which includes:
Sound good? CLICK APPLY now to start an application on Civil Service Jobs.For further information click apply or contact https://www.linkedin.com/in/tianicholas/
- Flexible working and family friendly policies
- Volunteering and charitable giving
- Discounts and savings on shopping, fun days out and more
- Interest-free loans to buy a bike or a season ticket
- Sports and social activities
- Learning and development, tailored to your career goals
- Work in an environment shortlisted for a Best Place to Work in Digital Award
- Bring your authentic self to work, with 'I can be me in DWP'