A wonderful opportunity to join our team and manage an Outstanding Montessori bilingual nursery in North London.
- A positive individual that loves working as a team
- Strong organisational skills.
- Experienced in team management.
- Experienced in partnership with parents.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Previous Ofsted inspection.
-Hold a clear DBS
Nursery Manager Job Description Job title: Nursery Manager
Responsible to: Director(s), Area Manager, Ofsted
· To be a Line Manager and provide support and supervision to all other members of staff, junior staff and volunteers. Carrying out regular staff supervision and recording as appropriate, as well as conducting twice yearly appraisals.
· To guide the nursery practitioners to follow best-practice and our policies
· To check the planning and delivery of a curriculum suitable to meet the needs of children aged 1 to 5 years old (from age 2 in Mars Montessori), and helping the team find time for weekly planning meetings and non-contact time
· Recognising the strengths of each member of staff and explaining their areas for improvement.
· To ensure the vision and the mission statement of the nursery are met
A nursery thrives on great organisation. The organisation of the manager makes all the difference. This ensures everything important is achieved on time, and in the correct way.
· The manager must ensure they have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of current relevant legislation in relation to childcare.
· To ensure the nursery, staff, policies & procedures comply with OFSTED & other statutory requirements.
· Ensuring our menus are followed, and that any nutritional, religious or dietary needs are met and allergies carefully controlled.
· The planning and filing of relevant records including the keeping of children's personal details for emergency purposes, the keeping of an accident record file, attendance register, outings records file, medicine records file, and any other mandatory records including receiving and noting fees and invoices to parents.
· Ensuring the SEF is completed annually and filed online with Ofsted
· Updating the register and other spreadsheets to assist with bills to parents
· Many other general administrative tasks ranging from paying cheques into the bank account, dealing with all telephone calls, ordering supplies & food, filing bills, maintenance of employees or student files, Health & Safety including: risk-assessments, fire drills records, food temperature records, first aid box, and conducting the fire drill
· Completing the standard monthly action plan, and also devising and following-up new action plans as required
· A key responsibility is ensuring the nursery operates at our target occupancy.
· Any other administrative duties, as required by the needs of the Nursery
Ensuring safeguarding & welfare
Nothing can be more important than keeping the children safe.
Nursery Manager Job Specification
Minimum Level 4 (Montessori or NVQ) if promoted internally otherwise:
Level 6 (BA Degree in Early Years) with or working towards Early Years Professional Status (EYPS)
At least a B in GCSE English
At least a C in GCSE Maths
Please contact us for more details