Payroll Team LeaderLocation: Newcastle
Package: £:22500 + 3% Flex Fund + 25 days + Bank holidays + 4% pension
Bring your Payroll and team leader skills to us and in return, we will give you an amazing career with growth and learning opportunities. Come and work for one of the best kept secrets in I.T. The Company
Shared Services Connected Ltd delivers class-leading business transformation programmes to government and public sector across the UK with a target to release one billion pounds of savings to the public purse.
As a trading name of Shared Services Connected Ltd, SSCL has established an enviable track record in the design and delivery of large-scale innovative HR, Payroll, IT, and Finance & Accounting solutions to significantly improve efficiencies and enhance service levels across government and public sector.
The company was established as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Sopra Steria Ltd, in 2013 as part of the Government's Shared Services Strategy for Smarter Government programme and operates from four regional centres of excellence: Blackpool; Newcastle; Newport; and York.
Our clients include a number of government agencies including the Department for Work and Pensions, Environment Agency Department for Education, Ministry of Justice and Home Office as well as the Metropolitan Police Service and the Construction Industry Training Board.The Day Job
Are you a capable, organised and an all-round helpful and reliable individual looking for a role where you can make a real difference when delivering your work each day? If yes then we may just have the perfect role for you... read on and see what you think.
As a member of the Change & Interface team, you will be joining an engaging and friendly team. You will be responsible for overseeing and transacting a variety of admin processes, as well as responding to email queries and assisting contact centre colleagues.
We encourage personal development and employee led process improvements, and through this aim to achieve the teams targets and expand.Key Responsibilities
- To manage and schedule own/team work to required timescales and Service levels.
- To ensure that agreed processes/standards/timescales/Quality Requirements are adhered to.
- To motivate, lead and develop the team and encourage communication.
- To act as main contact point and support customers/colleagues to resolve internal/external and escalated queries.
- Input into sharing of project experience across BPO and suggest update to BPO methods.
- Input into / implement BPO best practices / initiatives (such as Six Sigma, Security, Business Continuity etc) within own area.
- Able to lead and manage small teams
- Expert understanding of relevant systems e.g. Oracle
- Able to influence behaviour of colleagues and clients
- Able to identify areas of weakness and recommend improvements
- Ability to manage a budget (FTEs, overtime)
- Ability to set and achieve performance targets
- Payroll knowledge/experience, CIPP qualified or equivalent
- Previous experience of delivering services to large government client