Data Scientist** Digital Pure Play Business - Market Leader **SALARY
- £55k - £65k plus excellent benefits, including lots of training and development oppsLOCATION
- Remote / Central London
We are searching for an experienced Data Scientist to join this digital services business, working amongst a growing team of Data Scientists.
You will be working alongside some very credible data experts who hail from the likes of Aimia and Dunnhumby.
This organisation is hugely invested in data and using this to drive decisioning and targeted marketing across the business, illustrated by the strength of their senior leadership team, including a CDO.
The culture is one of ambition and they are keen to grow the division and the technical abilities within that function, in order to put data central to the business.
We are after someone with a data science skill set, a hacker, someone who can solve business problems using a variety of data science techniques, in order to provide highly valuable insights around customer experience, pricing strategies, personalisation and customer behaviour. Technically we need someone with advanced skills in Python as well as SQL, and someone who is open to knowledge sharing and mentoring peers.
Projects currently include building segmentations, machine learning algorithms (random forest, logistic regression, classification, k-means, linear regression, Naïve Bayes etc.) and predictive models to provide as detailed view of the customer as possible. An example of a large project they are currently working on is understanding customer engagement across product, communications and rewards; with longer term objectives around building that relationship with the customer. You will also run different experiments, build behavioural segmentations and working to attributing value to varying customer profiles.
You will also need to be business facing, with skills in building relationships with key stakeholders across the whole business to understand requirements, gather briefs and working proactively to deliver value and insights which ultimately aid decision making.
Skills and experience required:
- Educated to degree level in a numerate subject; Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, Machine Learning, Computer Science etc.
- A strong background in leveraging data science techniques to solve commercial business problems, specifically in relation to customer marketing and pricing
- Programming experience with Python and SQL is ESSENTIAL
- Ability to gather and scope requirements for a variety of analytical projects
- Experience in building machine learning algorithms is ESSENTIAL
- Expert at engaging with senior level client stakeholders and ability to operate at a senior level on projects