Finance Manager Main Purpose:
The purpose of this role is to manage the company accounts and finance processes. This includes the delivery of accurate financial accounting and periodic records, in order to deliver year end results in line with the Groups financial procedures and policies.
Commercially and financially lead the budgeting process by supporting the management team with the necessary insights and information to make accurate decisions and ensure these are submitted to Group requirements.
Play an active commercial role in the Senior Management team by providing business insights to support the delivery of key initiatives and goals within the business.
Manage the Finance and Credit Control function in order to deliver accurate and agreed business objectives and KPI's.
Finance Manager key tasks:
1. Responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of local financial activities including: - accounts payable and receivable, fixed assets, costing, financial reporting, general ledger, direct debit collection, VAT and compliance.
2. Ensure professional and accurate reporting processes to Group Finance and other external stakeholders in relation to forecasts, monthly accounts, annual accounts, cash flow optimisation.
3. Manage the credit control function and ensure cash collection is delivered within defined KPI's in-line with the business needs/requirements.
4. Take responsibility for the day to day management of facilities (such as post, utilities, stationery etc.) ensuring the costs are driven down and controlled whilst maintaining optimum service levels.
5. Set, monitor and manage team performance through KPI's.
6. Present management reports in a consistent, cohesive and comprehensible way, both in written reports and formal presentations.
7. Supporting the Managing Director in conducting regional and departmental reviews and supplying the relevant accounts, management information and analysis to enable those reviews to be meaningful and directed.
8. Providing meaningful financial analysis, input and advice to the management team to enable commercial decision-making; including investment opportunities, business cases and capex requirements, and the subsequent tracking of costs and benefits.
9. Ensuring that a robust financial control environment exists and that all systems and reporting operate to the highest standards with financial data accuracy being key.
10. Any other business as required.
Finance Manager Person Specification
1) Minimum 3 years' experience in senior Finance position with an ability to support and understand the business financially as well as commercially.
2) Excellent numerate and statistical analysis skills, with high attention to detail.
3) Demonstrate financial awareness and current knowledge with an appreciation of the financial consequences flowing from commercial decisions, internal policy changes and exogenous factors.
4) The ability to analyse problems from a variety of angles and support the Management team in Business planning for future requirements.
5) Excellent organizational and communication skills across all departments and levels.
6) Capable of working on own initiative and proactively as part of a team.
7) Hard working, productive and can build effective relationships.
8) Creative, self-confident and assertive, with the ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment.
9) Excellent time management skills with a strong sense of leadership and inspiration.
10) Team player, with the ability to portray a positive attitude to maintain the team's enthusiasm and drive.
11) Excellent soft skills - including listening, motivating and communicating.
Finance Manager Qualifications
1) Qualified / Part qualified Chartered Accountant (e.g. ACA / CIMA / ACCA)
2) Minimum C Grade or above Math's and English G.C.S.E or equivalent
3) Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite including Access and Excel
Finance Manager Salary:
£40,000 to £50,000 doe + excellent benefits