Project/Programme Manager12 MonthsManufacturing (Part of HS2)Greater Manchester
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Project/Programme Manager with an increasingly successful manufacturing organisation based in the Greater Manchester area on a 12-month contract basis.
My client supplies to solutions to the nuclear and rail industries predominantly.The Project/Programme Manager is required to have the following;
The Project/Programme Manager will be responsible for the following;
- Minimum BEng (Hons) in Engineering (preferably Mechanical Engineering)
- Minimum 5 years' experience managing engineering teams on projects of value >£5m. ideally within the rail environment
- Strong knowledge of the rail/nuclear/construction or another highly regulated industry
- Preferably a Chartered Engineer (CEng) with a relevant professional body (e.g. IMechE, IET, ICE)
- Project Management qualification (Prince 2/APM)
- Vast knowledge around deliverable, programmes, budgets and relationships
- Strong and effective communication skills.
- Sound motivational skills with a focus on quality adherence and output.
- Ability to assess situations quickly, diffuse confrontation, and drive pragmatic decisions.
- Planning, managing and reporting project tasks and responsibilities.
- Management of budgets and deliverables
- Liaise with Engineering Supervisor on holiday requests, timesheet submittals, and additional resource availability
- Checking and Approval responsibilities in accordance with F-023-ENG, as required
- Agree project procurement specifications with purchasing department.
- Expediting TQ's through the HS2 system
- Update daily activity trackers for department visibility
- Control of the project Verification and Validation Requirements Matrix (VVRM).
- Promote good working relationships within the department, and with other departments
If you are interested in the position, please apply with an updated CV.