Deputy Finance Director | Education Sector | Cambridgeshire | £45,000 - £51,000
Macildowie are delighted to be partnering with a large growing organisation within the education sector who are seeking to appoint a Deputy Finance Director to work closely with the FD following the successful growth and expansion of the team the last couple years.
It is a great time to join with exciting plans for the coming years and you will be playing an instrumental part in both leading and helping deliver projects, which will significantly impact the wider organisation.The Role
Reporting into the Director of Finance you will be a key new appointment offering support and advice across the organisation as well as mentoring the wider finance team.
They are looking for an experienced manager with prior experience within the not for profit/ public sector who will oversee the sales and purchase ledger as well as month end processesDeputy Finance Director Responsibilities
- Overseeing month end close and monthly forecasting processes
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations and annual budget
- Preparing the annual financial statements and financial returns as required by the ESFA
- Overseeing the Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger management
- Controlling capital expenditure and fixed asset register with monthly reconciliations
- Collaborating with project leads and the wider finance team to implement corrective actions to address performance issues
- Preparing relevant financial and organisational information to facilitate change
- Fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW, CIPFA)
- Not for profit/ Public sector experience
- Prior management experience due to 7 direct reports into this post.Benefits
- c18% employer contribution
- 46 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
This Deputy Finance Director role is an excellent opportunity to work within an educational organisation where you will be able to partner with the Senior Management teams and oversee the finance function.
If you meet the requirements and are keen to find out more please apply now with an up to date CV and we will get in touch shortly.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.