About the school;
The Education Specialists are working with a 'Good' Special Needs School in St Helens to employ an Early Years SEN Teaching Assistant who has experience of working with students who have a variety of Special Needs including Complex Needs. Experience of Peg/tube feeding would be desirable but is not essential. The school is fully equipped with a swimming pool, hydro pool and Physiotherapists work on site. This school community is a busy one which enjoys celebrating special days such as Children in Need and World Book Day. Students art work is proudly displayed around the school and every effort is made to encourage all children to engage with the school's curriculum.
About the role;
The successful candidate will be based in the Early Years class, experience of early years curriculum and observation is desirable, experience of working with SEND children is essential. The role may require personal care to be delivered so candidates applying must be willing to provide this with dignity for students. The position is term-time only and on a full-time basis 8:30AM to 4PM with morning break and lunch break within the school day. There if often an opportunity at this school to move from a temp contract to a school permanent contract for the right candidate.What The Educational Specialists need from you:
What The Educational Specialists can do for you:
- Experience of working with students who have SEND needs is essential
- Ability to deliver personal care in a dignified manner - is essential
- Have experience of using Makaton and PECS is desirable.
- Professional manner
- Enthusiastic, positive and friendly approach
- Resilience and a sense of humour
- Team Teach Trained - Or be willing to obtain this training (through ourselves)
- Competitive daily rates of pay
- A supportive school working environment with a dedicated school team
- Job satisfaction
- Recruitment Consultant on call service
- CPD courses including; Team Teach and SEN Awareness
- Pension Scheme
We are currently working on a number of vacancies, so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give us a call so we can discuss other opportunities.
- All applicant are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas police check (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy.
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained.
- You must have a legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to have a video interview and complete the online screening process
The Education Specialists work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. The Education Specialists is an equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.