We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Officer
to join our busy offices based in Lincoln
on a temporary basis for 3 months with the possibility of an extension. We are looking for someone to start ASAP, working 37 hours per week, at £12.00 p/h.
As the Finance Officer
, your main duties will include:
- To assist in ensuring that there is effective strategic financial planning and financial management in relation to all revenue and capital budgets. To assist in the coordination and delivery of financial planning for all revenue and capital budgets.
- Providing financial support and advice in support of a specified area of the Council, including in relation to: Budget setting
- Identification and costing of budget pressures for future years, through liaising with Budget Holders, Senior Managers and the Head of Finance. Budget monitoring
- Advising Budget Holders and Senior Managers on the monitoring of budgets.
- Overseeing the financial support arrangements and highlighting any weaknesses regarding maintenance of accounts.
- Assessing the effectiveness of budget monitoring arrangements.
To be successful for this Finance Officer
post you will need to have:
- AAT membership as a minimum and significant relevant financial experience.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of principles of financial management, accounting principles and practice.
- Detailed knowledge of Financial Strategy, financial regulations, financial procedures, schemes of authorisation and their rationale within the control framework
- Good Communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with officers, external auditors and partners, including funding bodies and government departments and agencies, so as to secure their confidence and respect.
- Good ICT skills, including corporate finance systems (e.g. Agresso) and Financial Modelling and Excel.
- Good staff management skills to over see the work of other Senior Finance Technicians and Finance Technicians.
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.