This well known FMCG company has been a house hold name since 1877. With a presence in over 100 countries it has been a world leader.
This role will see you join a newly established London marketing team and will see you working with global offices around the world. This role sits within the E-commerce team and has a Global remit.
Reporting into the VP of Global E-commerce you will be show initiative, challenge the status quo and be given the support and opportunity to grow, preform and contribute to the success of the business.
This role requires you to have an understanding or either FMCG or retail. Overall objectives:
- This role owns three areas: search performance of our 2 million+ Product Detail Pages, categorisation/taxonomy and optimisation of personal shopping lists
- Accountable for all global guidelines, tools, processes, ways of working, measurement and optimisation concerning these three areas.
- Main deliverable is search performance in all eCommerce channels (egrocery, eWholesale, Pureplay, Aggregators, Pureplayers & D2C)
- Works closely with Regional and Local eCommerce teams, Category Management, Analytics and agencies to ensure excellence
- Global expert on eCommerce retailer search and online merchandising
- Develop best practice online merchandising, categorization and taxonomy,as well as Personal Shopping List optimization.
- Accountable for setting the SEO strategy and working closely with local SEO agencies to implement these.
- Advise on Paid Search strategy and work closely with Digital Marketing who owns Integrated paid search strategy to make sure that this is rolled out.
- Implement that paid search strategy in all eCommerce channels (e-grocery, eWholesale, Pureplay, Aggregators, Pureplayers & D2C), working closely with regional and customer teams to share learning's and improve results
- Develop and implement retailer search best practice, processes, analysis and tools
- Works with Strategic Customer teams on specific projects in this area; builds external reputation to enhance reputation as an eCommerce and Omnichannel leader
- Ideally you will come from a retail background.
- A strong understanding of performance marketing and search strategies.
- A desire to join a new function and assist in the creation of this division.