Job Title: Scrum Master
Business Unit: CIO, Digital Solutions
Location: Glasgow/ Newcastle Upon Tyne
Salary: Starting from £48,220 - £63,300 per annum DOE
Contract Type: Permanent
Disrupt the status quo. It's a simple statement that tells you everything about our ambition. It's about thinking what money could be, instead of what it's always been. Thinking this way gives us so many opportunities to make our customers happier. We're not like other banks - and we want you to help us be even more exceptional.
We're aiming to be the best; while making people happier about money. Our ambition to become a "Truly Agile Organisation" benchmarked as a Top quartile digital Delivery Capability.
We have an exciting opportunity within our Digital Solutions team and we're looking for an ambitious Scrum Master to join us in building the Bank of the Future. Digital Solutions is an exciting place to work to say the least - It's a function that really enables us to be unlike any other traditional bank! We're responsible for developing market leading Digital propositions and services that enable to group to deliver its strategy. We create market leading products and digital journeys with the aim of crafting the simplest, convenient and engaging customer experience in the industry.
Tell me more...
As a Scrum Master you'll play a key role in promoting and supporting our continued transformation journey through Scaled Agile delivery within our squads. Making sure our squads and colleagues understand the value, practices and mindset of scaled Agile and truly agile ways of working. You will guide and coach the team in Scrum and Agile practices, lead daily scrum, sprint review, retrospectives, and planning meetings to ensure full team engagement. Support Product Owners on release planning while fostering self-organisation and growth within the team.
You will work with the squad members to ensure they are as efficient as they can be and remove any barriers of impediments to the squad delivery.
Reporting to the Scrum Master Chapter Lead, you'll be responsible performing the Scrum Master role to a number of squads within a Tribe.
Day to day you'll:
• Use your in-depth knowledge of Scaled Agile environment and practical application of Agile methodologies, TDD, BDD, and JIRA to break down epics and map out user stories
• Guide the team and organisation on how to use Scrum and Agile practices remove impediments and ensure appropriate ceremonies and will facilitate the squad they operate within to deliver tangible customer outcomes in each regular sprint cycle
• Lead and mentor colleagues within our Squads and ensure that each sprint the squad delivers the prioritised outcomes alongside the Product Owner
• Work other Scrum Masters and the Engineering Lead in the overall Tribe to ensure the prioritised tribe roadmap is delivered according to the priority set in planning by the Product Owners in the Squad and Tribe
• Although not a directly People Leading role, you'll demonstrate Great Leadership and role model our Values and Behaviours. You will play a critical role in embedding our culture; driving performance and accountable for creating a motivated and high performing squad
• Finally you will translate Tribe strategy into sprint plans, effectively communicating and delegating to the squad.
To be successful in this role:
• You'll be an expert in Agile methodologies and ways of working
• Have strong knowledge of lean principles and Agile at scale
• A seasoned scrum master with deep insight into newest approaches and trends
• Have knowledge, experience and passion to learn and introduce market leading digital, agile practices
• Be a strong communicator with the ability to mentor and coach newly formed teams
• Demonstrate great leadership
Sound good? Apply now!
RED HOT Rewards
• A generous holiday package and the option to buy more!
• Private Medical Insurance - with the option to extend to family members.
• Pension! A market leading pension - we'll top up your contributions too.
• Flexible benefits - customise your rewards to work for you!
Inclusion at Virgin Money
Inclusion is at the heart of everything we do here at Virgin Money. It's good for you, it's good for us and it's amazing for our customers. We know that great minds don't think alike, so we rely on your diverse thoughts, feelings, beliefs and backgrounds to be the best we can possibly be. Got any questions about this or need some support with your application? We'd love to hear from you so get in touch with our friendly team at or
Point to note...
At the minute, depending on which team you are joining, lots of us are working from home. This is something that may change over time, and if so, we will come together in one of our hub locations, giving you the chance to meet your new colleagues in person. We will of course, make sure you have the IT equipment to access our systems and to interact digitally with your new team and colleagues, but we thought it best to let you know this in advance, so you can make sure you are set up to work safely and productively. If you have any questions on this let us know!
Now the legal bit...
If we offer you a job and you accept, there are some checks we need to complete before you can start with us. This will include a credit and criminal record check, as well as providing 3 years' worth of satisfactory references.