We are recruiting for a Permanent Assistant Payroll Manager on a permanent, full time basis in Ely, Cambridgeshire.
As Assistant Payroll Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Payroll Manager to provide a fully integrated Payroll service, to include completion of payrolls of varying frequencies as and when required, ensuring information is processed in accordance with internal procedures and in-line with statutory / legal requirements. Deputise for the Payroll Manager as required.
This is a broad job role covering payroll, assisting managing a small payroll team and general duties to support the success of the department, including:
- Prepare and run monthly payrolls, within a specified time limit.
- Calculate and verify information received, including claims for sick pay, maternity / paternity / adoption pay, travelling and subsistence allowances and dealing with the implications of salary sacrifice schemes.
- Ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Deal with all payroll correspondence.
- Respond to queries from clients.
- Deal with all new client set up procedures.
- Assume responsibility for a proportion of departmental billing procedures.
- Set up and manage on-going auto enrolment procedures.
- Review work, ensuring quality in compliance with professional standards/requirements.
- Monitor and encourage improvements towards standards of work via guidance, coaching and mentoring.
- Encourage / foster a culture of continuous development
- Undertake general administration tasks.
- Provide assistance in terms of general and specific support to Partners and managers as required.
- Undertake other reasonable work activities as determined by the Partners and managers.
- Undertake appropriate training to ensure CPD criteria is met.
- Deputise for the Payroll Manager as required.
Payroll bureau experience is essential, ideally as a Payroll Manager or Payroll Processor, alongside fantastic leadership, accuracy and communication skills. Experience of furlough calculations would be beneficial.
For the right candidate with relevant management experience, the salary is negotiable alongside several attractive benefits including 25 days annual leave, health insurance and free onsite parking.
If you'd like to earn more about this opportunity based in Ely area, please click and apply today.Hours:
Up to £30,000 per annum
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd., are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.