Do you understand the importance of ensuring every child receives an education? Are you an experienced Teaching Assistant?
Have you got experience working with a range of different behavioural and SEN needs? If you have, then our SEN TA role is perfect for you.
What does the role involve?
Working alongside an experienced and competent Teacher, this position would involve working in a specialist setting for pupils with additional needs including SEMH, ASD & Complex Needs. Working 1:1 alongside a pupil within the provision, this role would enable you to direct the pupil's learning to help to ensure that they were making satisfactory progress within all areas of their learning. You would build a relationship up with the pupil to enable them to feel supported by you and inspired by their education.
Our client is looking for a Teaching Assistant who is dedication to their work and has a passion for the support and care you provide to the pupils. Experience is essential, however the candidate must have a natural ability to listen and identify a child's needs and struggles, and adapt the style of learning to suit the student. With the role involving challenges, the individual must be able to communicate with senior staff and understand the importance of building rapport with the children and being able to provide alternative ways to teach to ensure the student is comfortable and achieving the most from the sessions. Patience and resilience is strongly desired.Benefits
- The opportunity to make an impact on the lives of children needing extra support
- Dedicated consultants with experience of working in education
- Free training provided, both online and on-site
- Fantastic onsite facilities and free parking
- Temporary role starting Feb 2021
- Refer a friend scheme with the opportunity to earn £300 of shopping vouchers
- Previous experience working with SEN children
- Knowledge and understanding of how to best support and assist children who have special educational and additional needs
- Strictly adhere to safeguarding policies, ensuring issues of concern are dealt with in line with the settings guidance
- X2 employment references
- Supporting children with additional and complex needs
- Displaying patience and understanding and providing 1:1 support
- To develop a clear understanding of the specific needs of the pupils you are working with
- Working alongside a Teacher to deliver the curriculum
- To recognising signs of distress in children, offering reassurance and managing the situation
If you think this role would be something of interest, please send your CV to Nicki at
We recruit for a variety of roles which may also be suitable, so please get in touch if you have the experience and attributes of a great TA!