Do you have experience supporting children with special needs? Are you looking to branch out into supporting children in education?
At Prospero we work with a number of primary schools across the Rotherham area who come to us for supply Teaching Assistants. Working on supply you will be called upon to help support within the classroom and cover any upcoming planned or unplanned absences.
Responsibilities of a Teaching Assistant include:
- Supporting a child on a one to one basis with special needs such as Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia.
- Supporting children with their learning specifically with Maths, reading and writing.
- Ensuring the schools behaviour policy is adhered to through effective behaviour management techniques.
- Attending meetings and reporting back to the teacher regarding progress of pupils.
- Motivate and encourage pupils.
- Assist the teacher with classroom displays and lesson and class resources.
Benefits for working with Prospero:
- Opportunity to work in a wide range of primary schools across Rotherham.
- Get paid a daily wage, anywhere up to £65-80, dependent on previous experience.
- Further develop your skill set and qualifications through extra free CPD courses.
Ideally you will have:
- Previous experience working as a Teaching Assistant.
- Experience supporting children with needs such as Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia on a one to one basis.
- Experience using techniques such as Makaton, Phonics and PEC's.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with staff and students.
- Experience of accurate record-keeping.
- Good IT skills.
- Ability to understand the issues of safeguarding and confidentiality.
- A valid DBS registered with the online update service or be willing to apply for a new one.
To be considered for this position or to request further information, just reply to this advert with an up to date copy of your CV and a cover letter. Alternatively call for a chat in more detail.