Signalling Systems Installation ManagerLocation:
Derby (office) and projects nationwideThe Role:
As Signalling Systems Installation Manager you will be responsible for the installation of Signalling Control Solutions in an environment where the available access is time critical and reducing, ensuring that we deliver with minimal customer disruption, and to agreed quality, timescales, and budget.Main tasks:
- Deliver install outcomes to Quality, Time, and Budget
- Planning of all necessary actions including creation of detailed minute-by-minute install plans, task sheets, documentation, and resource plans
- Challenging the sequential nature of our current plans to find new ways to install in less time
- Ensuring the plans minimise risks and disruption to clients
- Managing rehearsals and the installation works on site
- Ensure all our works are carried out safely
- Minimising the number of site visits and their durations
- Proactively work with the Engineering team to improve designs re fitness for purpose, ease of install, and reduced install times
- Maintaining/developing our documentation/processes, ensuring that these are managed/controlled, and that the correct processes are followed on site
- Challenging processes to eliminate non value-added tasks
- Implementing Lessons Learnt and Continuous Improvement
- To ensure that we develop individuals and maintain appropriate competencies to support the Company's vision and growth ambitions:
- Develop and maintain appropriate task/competency matrices and resource capability
- Implement the company personal development process and identify training/development needs
- Promote team working, active collaboration and involvement in improvement initiatives
- To ensure that the installation team works efficiently with the Engineering team and other Directorates, and that any necessary interfaces are understood and managed proactively.
- At least 2 years' experience as an Installation Manager ideally for Rail Control centre installations or associated rail signalling control systems. Non-rail experience considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Able to challenge the status quo and implement new solutions.
- Strong leadership skills, positive leadership style bringing team along with you.
- Adaptable and motivated to gain new skills and learn new technologies. Trainable.
- Able to implement and monitor processes in order to deliver installation and commissioning projects on time and within scope.
You must be living and authorised to work in the UK to apply for this position.
If you are interested in applying please call Samuel Merry at Resolute Group .
All applications will be treated as confidential and you details will not be shared until we have discussed the vacancy and company.