Buyer / Cumbria / Salary dependant on experience
Your new role
The Buyer will play a pivotal role in supporting the Purchasing function and working closely with multiple stakeholders. Key responsibilities include-
- Introducing new suppliers into the business, when appropriate.
- Independently undertake contract and tendering activities
- Working closely with internal budget holders to deliver best value
- Supplier management and procuring of a selection of goods and services
- Supporting the business through identification of cost reductions
- Analysing data enabling cost opportunities to be identified
What you'll need to succeed
You will have a proven background within Purchasing at Assistant Buyer, Buyer or Senior Buyer level and be able demonstrate the following skills-
- Excellent level of communication, able to influence and persuade others
- Flexible approach to work with an ability to adapt to change
- Able to demonstrate analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload
- Ability to work alone unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Strong IT knowledge and skills, must include Excel
- CIPS qualified / Part Qualified beneficial but not must have if qualified by experience
What you'll get in return
You will receive competitive salary plus benefits dependant on your experience and qualifications
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.