Mental Health Team Manager
Supported Living Service - (MH / LD / Challenging Behaviours)
£25,000 - £27,000, plus company benefits
Full time - 37.5 hours, permanentVacancy details for Mental Health Team Manager
MRB Health & Social Care Recruitment have an excellent opportunity for a Team Manager to work within a specialist supported living service based in Rainworth. The service provides support to adults with mental health needs, learning disabilities, autism, and complex challenging behaviours.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for working with clients with mental health needs, challenging behaviours, and learning disabilities. You must be committed to your clients at all times and ensure the whole team are working closely with individuals on a 1-1 basis to establish a connection with their clients in order to build a level of trust and a rapport to achieve the best possible outcomes. Experience of Mental Capacity Act, DoLS, restraint / restraint reduction is essential as well as managing a staff team.
Leading a support team of approx. 30 staff, you will report into the Area Manager and will be responsible 6 individuals and will be responsible for providing specialist knowledge about how individuals' desired outcomes can be achieved, specifically this would include outcomes regarding increasing someone's independence through a reduction in challenging behaviour.
As the Mental Health Team Manager, you will provide clear and structured day to day leadership, management, and support to the local team in order to ensure the highest quality of service is delivered at all times, whilst promoting a person centred and needs led approach. You must ensure the service runs within CQC guidelines as well as companies' policies and procedures and promote this within the team at all times.
You will establish and maintain relationships with other agencies and the wider circle of support in order to promote joint working and provide a better-quality service to the service users, whilst also having the ability to proactively seek out new opportunities for growth and development of the service.
The role requires a level of flexibility with regards to working hours to meet the needs of the business. The is also a requirement to cover on call as and when required.As a Mental Health Team Manager, you will be required to:
- Have previous experience in supporting people to achieve defined outcomes specifically related to reducing challenging behaviour and increasing independence
- Experience in joint working with other professionals, contributing to the review and creation of strategies for positive behavioural support planning
- Experience in working with a range of needs, for example Autism, Learning Disability, Personality Disorder, other Mental Ill Health Needs
- Ensure an effective transition of all commissioned service users takes place to develop the care and support package, this will include travel and partnership working with professionals within various health and social care settings.
- Encouraging a culture where people can raise concerns about safety
- Being confident to take responsibility and take action where performance can be improved
- Have experience of managing services and ensuring they are compliant
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good sense of humour, approachable and driven to achieve
- Ability to manage own workload independently but work as a valued team member
- Good IT skills
- Have a thorough understanding of CQC regulations and requirements, safeguarding, care planning, mental capacity act, DoLs etc
- Hold a minimum of NVQ level 3; or be working to towards this qualification.
- Willing to take up any necessary training or qualifications required for the position
- Childcare vouchers
- Health cash back scheme
- 28 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days based on length of service
- Free DBS
- Comprehensive induction programme
- Opportunity to commence health & social care qualifications
- £100.00 bonus through refer a friend scheme
- Continuous learning and development opportunities
If you are interested in a new job as a Mental Health Team Manager, click apply now and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the vacancy on a confidential basis.