Finance Manager | Education Sector | East Midlands| £40,000 - £50,000
Macildowie are delighted to be partnering with a large east midlands based organisation within the education sector who are seeking to appoint a Finance Manager to work closely with the Head of Finance and Commercial team.
It is a great time to join with exciting plans for the coming years and you will be playing an instrumental part in both leading and helping delivering projects, which will significantly impact the wider organisation.The Role
Reporting into the Head of Finance you will be a key business partner within the team, working closely with the Commercial Director in developing the commercial agenda across the function.
You will be a proactive individual who will be informing and influencing policy formulation, contributing to decisions on financial elements of major business development issues and advising non finance stakeholders across the organisation.
No prior public sector/ education experience is required.Finance Manager Responsibilities
- Providing a bespoke service to various departments within the organisation supporting financial and business activities
- Collaborating with project leads and the wider finance team to implement corrective actions to address performance issues
- Preparing relevant financial and organisational information to facilitate change
- Working closely with the entire finance team to understand the numbers with a focus on the Commercial impact
- Actively developing strong relationships with external partners and regulators in order to move forward key projects
- Fully CCAB qualified
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience business partnering and providing reporting to senior stakeholders
- c20% employer pension contribution
- 43 days annual leave (including bank holiday)
This Finance Manager role is an excellent opportunity to work within an educational organisation in a highly commercial role where you will be able to operate at a strategic level, partner with the Senior Management teams and help deliver various key projects for the organisation.
If you meet the requirements and are keen to find out more please apply now with an up to date CV and we will get in touch shortly.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.