At the Esland Group, we are excited to be opening a new 'Satellite Centre' as part of Oracle School Congleton. As such, we are recruiting for an experienced Maths Teacher. This role will be on a full time, 39-week, permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of the set up, and development, of a new provision for Oracle School, supporting children with SEMH needs. We will expect you to utilise your existing subject skills and knowledge to enhance the vocational pathway courses, contributing to the success of our pupils and changing children's lives for the better.
The role would suit an experienced teacher, who is looking for a new challenge.
We appreciate each of our team member's experience and skills. We also know these make you unique and this is what will help shape and enrich the lives of the young people we educate. We also believe it is important that our team members share the same values as the wider organisation. At Oracle School, we have a shared vision of emotionally resilient, supportive teachers and leaders who provide accountable yet nurturing direction to each other and the pupils. We are supportive of all members of the team and have high expectations of pupils and each other.
We are looking for an outstanding, committed and motivated qualified teacher to contribute to the development of teaching and learning and curriculum across Key Stages 4 and 5. Pupils will be expected to cover a range of qualification ranging from Entry Level Certificates, through Functional Skills to GCSE. This will be an exciting opportunity for a committed classroom practitioner who can display a real passion for inspiring and challenging the pupils at Oracle School.
Working in a new building is a unique opportunity. A flexible approach with a can-do ethos is essential, as is drive, enthusiasm and sense of humour. If you are adaptable, innovative and child focused then we want to hear from you. We will be looking to recruit a staff team that has a multitude of talents to enable us to provide a rich academic curriculum from the outset and look forward to hearing what additional skills, talents and interests you could bring to this role.
What we need from you:
• Qualified Teacher status
• Solid experience of working with specialist education for young people with SEMH
• Solid experience of working with young people that challenge
• Some knowledge and experience of vocational educational pathways
• Committed, conscientious and passionate about inclusion
• Ability to plan, evaluate and monitor learning and progress
• Ability to differentiate all aspects of learning to promote inclusion and attainment
• Ability to build good relationships with young people and all others supporting the pupil
• Highly organised and have the ability to prioritise and use their time effectively
• Resilience, stamina, flexibility and excellent inter-personal skills
• A positive attitude to hard work and challenging situations
• A good sense of humour
What we can offer:
• Commitment to CPD
• A supportive, inclusive working environment
• Access to a wide range of benefits, including Perkbox and our pension scheme
• Staff recognition awards
• Competitive salary
• A highly rewarding job with no risk of boredom
Application forms to be submitted by midnight on 24th January 2021
Short listing will take place on 25th January 2021
Interviews will be held that same week - (proposed) 27th & 28th January 2021
The Esland Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level DBS. We are an equal opportunities employer.
We expect all our employees and volunteers to share this commitment and strive to achieve the best outcomes possible for everybody in our care. A full application form must be completed with all employment dates accurate and gaps in employment accounted for.